National Opioids Settlement
[Please use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or another Modern Browser]
On Wednesday, July 21, 2021, the National Prescription Opiate Litigation MDL Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee, several State Attorneys General, and four major defendants announced agreement on terms of proposed nationwide settlements to resolve all Opioids litigation brought by states and local political subdivisions against the three largest pharmaceutical distributors: McKesson, Cardinal Health and AmerisourceBergen (“Distributors”), and manufacturer Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and its parent company Johnson & Johnson (collectively, “J&J”). These settlements, if agreed and adopted, will provide substantial funds to states and subdivisions for abatement of the Opioids epidemic across the country and will impose transformative changes in the way the settling defendants conduct their business.
This website provides copies of the agreements, as well as additional documents and information concerning these historic proposed settlements. The agreements themselves control the terms of the settlements and entities eligible to participate in the settlements should consult with counsel about participation.
- Distributor Master Settlement Agreement
- Letter from Distributors’ Counsel to Opioids Litigation Settlement Enforcement Committee
- J&J Master Settlement Agreement
- Letter from Johnson & Johnson and Janssen’s Counsel to Opioids Litigation Settlement Enforcement Committee
- Relevant MDL Court Orders
- Press Releases
- Executive Summary
- Explanatory Charts
- Adoption and Implementation of Settlements in Individual States – SEE RIGHT SIDEBAR
- Video of Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee July 21, 2021 Press Conference
- Subdivisions Register Here to Receive Participation Agreements for Distributor and Janssen Settlement Agreements